Monday, April 21, 2008

Working with Google App Engine

I just got today invitation to try Google App Engine,
It seems that I'm one of the lucky 10,000 people that got invitation to try it.

Well first I had to admit that I don't know shit about Phyton, Google App Engine is based about Phyton language, However it seems that it is not hard to learn this langauge once you know Php, Java or other programming language.

The big advantage of Google App Engine, is that you don't have to take care about all installing and deploying applications, taking care for performance or load balancing, you get all this things for Free!!!

It seems that it is pretty easy to develop applications using Google App Engine, you just need to install phyton, and Google App Engine SDK, and thats all.

Then you are your phyton application file, and you can test it localy by running GAE (Goolge App Engine) locally.

Once you finished writing you application you just upload it to the Google Server.

The biggest advanatge of GAE in my opinion it is ability to store data and retrive data from the database using GQL Google Query Language which is just like SQL but a bit different, This allow the application writing highly scalabe SQL selects.

Once I would finish writing my application I would publish it here.
Please comment if you have any questions.

No comments:

Links

 
RSS Feeds Submission Directory